March 22, 2020|
Oh, My Throbbing Head
Source: News 5 Cleveland
Common signs and symptoms of a concussion include:
- A headache or a feeling of pressure in the head
- Temporary loss of consciousness
- Confusion or feeling as if in a fog
- Memory loss surrounding the traumatic event
- Ringing in the ears
- Slurred speech
- Delayed response to questions
- Appearing dazed
- Double vision
5 Ways Concussion Is Different in Women:
- Women Experience Longer and More Severe Symptoms Than Men.
- Women Sustain More Concussions During Practices and Games Than Men in Similar Sports.
- Weaker Neck Muscles in Women May Result in More Brain Injuries.
- A Woman’s Hormones May Affect Her Health Outcomes Following a Concussion.
- Women Are More Likely to Report Their Symptoms Than Men.
Source: The Tucker Center
Information was used from The Tucker Center, Cleveland Clinic, John Hopkins Medicine, and Everyday Health.
Tags: Cleveland Clinic
, Everyday Health
, female athletes
, John Hopkins Medicine
, male athletes
, The Tucker Center